The Temple Isaiah Green Team's mission is to establish awareness of our Jewish responsibility in regards to maintaining and healing our planet. Earth-justice requires lifestyle changes for the sake of our children, grandchildren, and all those with whom we share and bequeath this planet. The Green Team focuses on education and advocating for solutions to environmental issues, green activism, and creating green initiatives at Temple Isaiah and in the larger community.
From the Oscar-nominated and Emmy-winning director of FOOD, Inc, this film lifts the curtain on a secretive group of highly charismatic, silver-tongued pundits-for-hire who present themselves in the media as scientific authorities – yet have the contrary aim of spreading maximum confusion about well-studied public threats ranging from toxic chemicals to pharmaceuticals to climate change.
Join us for the film, discussion, and nibbles
Please register HERE to let us know you are coming.
Saturday, April 14
Rally: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Expo Booths: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Stage Events: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
432 S. Olive Street, Los Angeles 90013
Time: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: Social Hall Full
Other Green Team activities include:
• Publicizing earth stewardship issues and advocacy needs and opportunities.
• Creating a recycling program at the temple and converting the Ner Tamid to solar power.
The Green Team provides more earth friendly solutions within our facility such as:
• Distributing specially designed reusable shopping bags and seed packets on Rosh Hashanah
• Offering Temple Isaiah Green Team coffee mugs
• Helping with Green Celebrations (Tu B’Shevat!)
• Developing synergy with outside environmental groups
Other Messages from the Green Team:
BE A HERO—GO ZERO
• Bring a reusable water bottle instead of a disposable one
• Use reusable bags instead of plastic
• Bring your own utensils or cloth napkins to school.
Think of how you can save raw material, energy and landfill space, and set an example.
How to get involved:
We usually meet on the third Thursday of the month. For more information, contact Steve Fox, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 310.397.6611.